søndag den 24. august 2008

I like candy

Yesterday when I realised this next challenge on MMM I was totally blank and I was thinking "What to do... What to do? Come on, think woman!!" Then this morning I saw some liquorice and fruit gum was left from yesterday and I started emptying the bag. Just then it came to me: "I'll make a candy man:-))" I bought some vellum (the transparent paper), stamped it with a text stamp and some blue ink and then embossed it - I was excited to see the result because I wondered how the ink would go along with that kind of paper but later I saw a label on the ink that said that it was excellent for vellum, photos and coated paper :-) The tin foil is a used chocolate wrapper (as the headline states, I really do like candy *lol*).

 

11 kommentarer:

Anonym sagde ...

Mia, your candy man is gorgeous - he looks good enough to eat :-) Diane

Beth sagde ...

How very clever! Your candy man is wonderful.

Anonym sagde ...

Beautiful!

My Creative House sagde ...

I eat your candy man next time I visit you, hide him, he is wonderful.

Mia sagde ...

Thank you all... but you don't want to eat him anymore as I have sprayed him over with hair spray in order to preserve him! Hmm, what happens to old candy... I don't know since candy doesn't stand a chance of getting old in this house ;-)

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) sagde ...

Delicious! A very unique piece!

Mary-Beth sagde ...

What a great idea!!! Unfortunately we never have any left over candy for me to use in my art!! ;)

RedLan sagde ...

great idea! wow a candy man only i see here at mixed media challenge!

Nan sagde ...

Very "sweet" !!! This would not last long around our house !

nancy sagde ...

Mia, Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. This recycled candy is so much fun! I think it may be a "first".
Nancy

Barbara Hagerty sagde ...

I love your candy man! He looks so good that I'd have a hard time not eating him even with the hairspray! (lol)