lørdag den 23. august 2008

I have you all "figured" out :-)

For this week's MMM challenge I've got a lot of explaining to do for it to make sense to everybody...
Top left: This is a rephrase of "There is no place like home". Without being too technical 127.0.0.1 is described as the adress of your own computer in a network.
Top right: As all math professors know (and don't you count me in in that category, on the contrary *ha ha*) the binary system consists purely of zeroes and ones, which represent a numeric value... So it doesn't say ten but actually two kind of people.
Bottom left: Many of you have heard the old childhood rhyme" Roses are red, violets are blue... Instead of the colours I have put in their hexadecimal value in their corresponding colours.
The rest, I believe, is simple addition... Hope, I explained it so you didn't get more confused :-)
Oops, I just realised, the stitched one cross the brown is hard to read. It says: "2 + 2 = 5 for a high value of the number 2" :-)
The green areas are white paper, I have inked green with an ink pad.

5 kommentarer:

Anonym sagde ...

ery clever, Mia! Thanks for the explainations, I'm glad I read them first, LOL! Diane

Femmy sagde ...

beautiful!!

Heather Robinson sagde ...

How extremely clever! I'm so glad that you explained everything though. Whew! There is no limit to education! Fantastic interpretation of the numbers theme. Thanks so much for joining.

My Creative House sagde ...

Great work,love your play with numbers,and love the people on the your pictures.

Barbara Hagerty sagde ...

I LOVE this! So much fun!! Especially "there are 10 kinds of people (binary 2), those who understand binary, and those who don't"! Thanks for making my day!!! A great piece of artwork!